Thursday 30 April 2009

Loss of Power!

Turn on my PC today, well attempt to, and the power button is flashing amber every second or so. PC won't boot up at all!

Checking on the web (from another PC obviously!) and it looks like it could be a number of things from a fried motherboard, busted PSU, badly seated memory or a new on-board battery is needed. Knowing my luck it will be a screwed motherboard!

Opened the PC up and the motherboard seems ok and everything is seated on the board correctly. I replace the battery (just in case) but am not sure about the PSU. With nothing to lose, apart from more time, I put everything back together again and it works!! Hurray!

It seems to be working ok for now but I've made sure all my essentials were backed up and any dev work I've done over the last day or so was definately on my external hard drive. Things could be looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment