Thursday 31 December 2009

End of another year

Well it's the last few hours of 2009 and seeing as I'm a sad Indie developer I'm sat at my PC writing this blog post.

Long gone are the days of me going out on New Years Eve for a good drink or 10, starting early in the morning and finishing early the next morning. Instead I'm sat here with a nice cup of tea, the kids are in bed fast asleep and my wife's sat in bed reading a book. Talk about living it up!!

Anyway, I've been thinking about the last year in terms of game development. To be honest it's been a pretty slow and un-productive year.

It is in fact the only year in the history of Addictive 247 that I've started a number of games and haven't completed them. Super Ten Ton Ninja and Colmar (wizard game) were both scrapped.

Two positive things that I've done in 2009 - 1). Started this blog and post at regular intervals and 2). Re-designed the Addictive 247 logo and website.

I suppose the other positive thing is that I've decided to only work on games that get me excited and keep me excited. Anything else can be dropped. Harsh, yes; but it seems to be working out ok, especially with the "Penguin Game".

As for 2010 - I'm not really one for making predictions or resolutions. The main idea is obviously to release a new game. So I'll stick with that as my main "resolution", although you can't hold me to it!

Anyway, I've been sat here too long thinking and writing this post. All that's left is to say Happy New Year and see you in 2010 - have fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment